I’ll be using this site as an online syllabus. I will also be providing you with insight and examples for the class blog project. It takes a lot of different ingredients to make a compelling multimedia blog!
RTV 3531: Multimedia Production I is designed to introduce students to the basic elements of multimedia production: audio recording and editing, basic photography, video production and editing, interactive infographics, and the basic functions of a web platform in order to combine these elements into a comprehensive multimedia website (in this course, we will be using WordPress). Students will spend the the semester populating these sites with content produced using the various multimedia storytelling techniques that we will be learning throughout the semester.
Students who complete this course are expected to:
- Demonstrate a broad overview of multimedia production in general and its related vocabulary.
- Demonstrate a broad overview of multimedia production techniques and requirements.
- Demonstrate professionally competent knowledge of producing and maintaining a website/blog that contains various multimedia content.
- Demonstrate professionally competent knowledge of digital imaging equipment, including image capture, file format information, and basic Adobe Photoshop image enhancement skills.
- Demonstrate professionally competent knowledge of EFP/ENG equipment handling, i.e. video camera operation, lighting, and sound recording.
- Demonstrate professionally competent knowledge of basic post-production techniques in non-linear editing systems, such as Adobe Premiere Pro. Based on the techniques that will be taught, students will learn how to create cohesive, seamless content for various multimedia delivery systems, including adherence to streaming media standards.
- Demonstrate professional competent knowledge of new media outlets, including content compression, web streaming, and blogging.
- Demonstrate professional competent knowledge of print layout programs, such as Adobe InDesign.